The parking situation at Greyville Racecourse on Vodacom Durban July Day has improved dramatically over the past few years through the efforts of a number of people including Durban Africa, the Metropolitan Police and Gold Circle's own security force. Whilst there are constant improvements made for the event, essentially, there are there are a few simple rules to follow:
Our suggestion is to use a taxi service or transfer service to get there and back.
- Parking will only be available to people who are in possession of a Parking Ticket.
- Pre-purchase your Parking Ticket from Greyville Racecourse before the day.
- Approach Greyville Racecourse from the side from which you will be entering the carpark.
- Public Parking ticket holders can only access the parking via DLI Avenue from the City side. Preferably approach from the Berea via Sydenham Road which becomes Dartnell Road then turn left into DLI Avenue. Alternatively from the City side via Field Street into Albert Street which becomes Epsom Road which becomes DLI Avenue. If approaching from the north proceed straight from the M4 along Stanger Street, right into Ordnance Road, right into Field Street, into Albert Street, into Epsom Road, into DLI Avenue.
- Members' Parking ticket holders should proceed South along Mitchell Road until the first break in the island that will enable them to join the back of the queue entering the Member's Parking. The new entrance is located over the road from Tuscany - the old W. Daly's Building.
- Be patient when approaching Greyville Racecourse.
- Make sure you have your parking ticket ready to show to the Police, Security or attendants.
- Please follow instructions from members of the Police Force.
- Follow the appropriate signs.
- Once inside the Golf Course please park where directed in order to avoid blocking pre-planned through routes.